Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Retarding white glue...?

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...

Joe Bemier wrote:
TiteBond III has an open time of 10min

I'm of the opinion that their marketing department got a bit carried away

on
this particular claim. I've found the open time to be much closer to 7
minutes, or less, no matter the ambient temperature.

(... and I sincerely hope I am just exercising a bit of age based

cynicism.)

Speaking of advancing cynicism, and reasons therefo

Because it was close, I stopped by certain well known woodworking store
yesterday to buy some plastic resin glue (which they don't carry, BTW) for a
glue-up that required a long "open" time due to its complexity.

After the fruitless search, and upon being asked what I was looking for ("a
glue with a long "open" time"), I was ASSURED by _every_ salesman in the
store that TiteBond III had an "open/assembly time of 30 to 90 minutes"!

"If you can't do, teach" ... or become a salesman.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/16/06