Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default What cable to use...

Hmm, the desk and pc were the first things into my detached when we started
moving. My broad band connection actually starts there and is then wired
into the house.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "jackson"
wrote:

snip/

Your best bet looks like installing a larger conduit. Looks like you'd
be
Code-compliant with a 1" PVC conduit, but I'd sure recommend something
lot
larger than that -- 1.5" or bigger -- to make the wires easier to pull.

While you are at it running new conduit, make your trench a bit wider and
run another piece of 1-1/2" PVC with some pull ropes as well for coax,
cat5or6, maybe even fiber.....

To the garage??

Standard guy wet dream- plasma screen to watch the game while working on
the car or in the woodshop. I can actually see the utility of having
broadband out there, to use a junk PC to look up or order stuff without
having to get cleaned up. And for a lot of retired guys, the garage
becomes their Sekret Klubhouse, No Girlz Allowed, for when the wife gets
tired of having them underfoot and shoos them outside to play.

I'm a simple man- a phone jack and rabbit ears on an old portable TV would
do for me. But yeah, an extra pipe and pull rope comes under the heading
of 'as long as you have the trench open'. Who knows what currently unknown
or exotic technology will become a 'must have' 10-15 years from now.

aem sends...

aem sends....