Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.landscape,alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default 12 volt landscape wiring diagrams ???

We've found the best way to "balance" is to experiment with different
wattages of bulbs. Less watt bulbs near the source and bigger watt bulbs
farther away.

--
Steve Barker

"James" no wrote in message

I have one 300 watt transformer. I want to feed 6, 50 watt bulbs.

the transformer has two outputs, to balance the load. So, I will be
using (2) 150 watt outputs.

So, on each circuit, I will have 3 fixtures, each using 50 watt bulbs.
What I am trying to determine is how to "balance" the fixtures. I know
that the fixture nearest the transformer would have the most voltage, and
those on the end, less voltage.

I want to keep the fixtures wired in parallell, so I don't want to use a
loop. I "think" that I may want to use a "T" hookup, where the
main feed goes out to a "T" , and the "T" feeds the three bulbs. But
as I say, I don't know how to "balance" this.

Some time ago I had a good website that had some diagrams of differenct
ways this can be done. I even went to the Malibu website, but could not
find the info I need.

Can anyone point me to a good website for this, or offer any advice ?

Thank you very much !!

--james--