Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Speaker wire polarity.

I just did some checking, speakers use ac, correct? At least in home
speakers do.

Yes and yes.

If my car speakers use AC then polarity should mean very little, as in
won't fry anything???? That's my main worry, destruction thru reverse
polarity.

No, nothing will be fried except your ears and brain if you play it too
loudly.

For the speakers in question I am using the striped wire to connect to
the
minus terminals on the new 5 1/14 inch speakers. They sound fine and
a lot better than the old ones.

With stereo speakers, they should be in-phase ... if they are out-of-phase,
there will be cancellation of the lower frequencies ... but no frying!