Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Can improper wiring actually cause a fire?

On 15 Dec 2006 18:00:14 GMT, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:33:08 +0000, Mike wrote:

On 14 Dec 2006 10:56:08 -0800, wrote:

and attached with good wirenuts

ROFLMAO

Wirenut: Heap of crap half assed solution looking for a fire, bodge,
commonly found in North American wiring installations.

Actaully, that "bodge" is required by the electrical code in US wiring,
that or an equivalent.

So there is an equivalent to a wirenut is there? I'm having great
difficulty thinking of anything else that could "perform" a similar
"function" and be so badly engineered for the task in hand.

Do you know of any cases in which wire nuts caused
fires?

Google images "wire nut" and "wirenut" brings up quite a good
selection.

What do _you_ use?

Fortunately I reside in the true land of the free where higher
standards are used in electrical installations. Basically just about
everywhere other than the USA.