Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Apollo Gas Hot Water Heater-discolored water

In article .com,
bosco4949 wrote:
Several weeks ago when running hot water in the tub, I noticed the
water was discolored...brownish like rust or sediment. The cold water
is clean. A friend suggested I drain the water heater. I turned off
the main water valve to the home, opened several hot water spigots
upstairs, and ran a hose from the drain fitting on the bottom side of
the hot water heater. Water from the hot water heater was drained and,
at times, a brown sediment was noted as the hot water heater drained. I
repeated the process at least six times over the course of three days.
I'm still getting discolored hot water.

Don't turn off the main water valve, Just connect a hose to the drain
and open the drain valve. The house pressure and flow is what will
clean out the sediment.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L