Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.landscape,alt.home.repair
James James is offline

Default 12 volt landscape wiring diagrams ???

I have one 300 watt transformer. I want to feed 6, 50 watt bulbs.

the transformer has two outputs, to balance the load. So, I will be using
(2) 150 watt outputs.

So, on each circuit, I will have 3 fixtures, each using 50 watt bulbs.
What I am trying to determine is how to "balance" the fixtures. I know that
the fixture nearest the transformer would have the most voltage, and those
on the end, less voltage.

I want to keep the fixtures wired in parallell, so I don't want to use a
loop. I "think" that I may want to use a "T" hookup, where the
main feed goes out to a "T" , and the "T" feeds the three bulbs. But as
I say, I don't know how to "balance" this.

Some time ago I had a good website that had some diagrams of differenct ways
this can be done. I even went to the Malibu website, but could not find the
info I need.

Can anyone point me to a good website for this, or offer any advice ?

Thank you very much !!

--james--