Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.automation
Art Art is offline

Default Problem with Intermatic T107-30 Timer - Running Slow

I had an old Intermatic mechanical used indoors for controlling a light.
When it started running slow I sprayed the internals with WD40. That was 20
years ago. Still working since but I only use it on vacations.

"Spam Catcher" wrote in message
. 1...
Hi all,

We have an old mechanical Intermatic T107-30 timer which controls our
landscape lighting. In the last few weeks, the timer started acting up -
it
is running extremely slow.

Basically for every hour, the timer will only run ~2 minutes.

Is it worth getting this timer repaired? Does anyone know if there is a
simple fix for this issue?

If not, can anyone recommend a timer which will:

1. Control ~1000 - 1500W of lamps
2. Sunset programming AND turn off the lamps at a fixed time (i.e.
3:00am).
3. Multiple programs (turn on at sunset and turn on around 5:00am?).

Since this is for residential use... something cheap + reliable would be
ideal ;-)

Thanks!