Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wall repair

There are a couple of ways to patch the hole, depending on the size.

Iy it's really big, you can cut the existing drywall back to the center
of the studs on both sides of the opening, insert a patch of the same
thickness drywall and then tape and mud the seams. You might want to
add a support to the top and bottom of the opening by screwing a piece
of wood or drywall to the back of the existing drywall which should
extend into the opening and then glue or screw the patch to this
support. This will help prevent the horizontal seam from moving and
cracking.

If the hole is not big enough to justify enlarging the opening back to
the studs, try this:

Square off the hole and insert as big a piece of wood as you can into
the hole so that it overlaps the sides (or top and bottom of the hole).
Glue and screw the wood to the back of the existing drywall. Now cut a
patch the size of your hole, attach the patch to the wood that extends
across the opening and tape/mud the seams.

Birddog wrote:
Hi i am new to this kinda thing and do not know how to fix walls but i
am opwn to suggestions...
My dog made a huge hole in the restroom wall I thought I could use
plaster to repair it but the hole is way too big... any suggestions