Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Can't get good ruling on phone line grounds - Thanks all

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

Top posted for closure

You wish...

As to CAT 3 being phone cable, sorry I'm a computer systems
architect the word CAT 3 means networking to me.

You may be right. However, I am unaware of any computer networking
application that specifies Cat 3 cable.

Besides I thought CAT 1 was phone cable?

Some of the garbage cable cranked-out by various manufacturers for the first
5-7 years after 1984 might qualify as Cat 1, although I don't think it is THAT
good.

The good, old "light olive gray" "quad" wire (red/green/yellow/black) used for
decades would probably qualify as Cat 2 - whatever THAT means.

I have never seen any "Cat" other than 3 and 5e. Whatever happened to 1,2,
and 4?
--

JR