Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F. Chris F. is offline

Default Hitachi 50FX18B Intermittent Power Supply

Just thought I'd see if anyone knows of some common problems and fixes,
before spending any great deal of time or money on this. Sometimes the set
starts for a while then quits, other times the switching supply will sputter
for a few seconds and fail (the red diagnostic LED then lights brightly). No
cold solder to be seen, and the caps all check good. I'm leaning towards a
bad switching regulator IC (STR-M6511) and/or optoisolator, but I'm really
not sure how to confirm this without replacing anything. Disconnecting the
loads from the secondary side of the supply (one at a time) does not change
the symptom.
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address