Posted to rec.woodworking
Chrisgiraffe Chrisgiraffe is offline

Default Best Benchtop Jointer: Delta JT160, Harbor Freight, Grizzly H2801?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Chrisgiraffe" wrote in message
I know a benchtop jointer can't compare to a stationary one but if you
had to pick one, which would you choose and why?

None, because they are all kind of cheesy. Get a real one and be done with
it.

Mr. Pawlowski, you were right. I'm not sure if "cheesy" is how I'd
describe them, but they were never going to deliver what I was asking
from them. I went out yesterday and bought a Jet JJ-6CSX. The amazing
thing is I spent roughly $150 more than what I would have on a bench
top but the comparison is like a Yugo versus a Cadillac. I bought a
General International rolling base to go with it and now I'm in
business. This thing is solid, quiet and looks like it will last a
lifetime. On top of that it takes up a very small footprint and with
the stand I can roll it out of the way when it's not in use.

Thank you for your suggestion and thank you to all who were helpful.