Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Screeding a floor

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi

I have to tile a small porch - about 4' x 5'. The floor is uneven
concrete and drops by as much as an inch over the 5' length, so self
levelling compound isn't going to do it.

Seems to me a concrete screed is needed. Any tips re the best mix
and how to get it level?

How long should it dry before tiling over?

If it's only an inch and it's being tiled over, then use normal sand and
cement, sharp sand mind, none of that soft stuff!

about 3:1 sand/cement will sufice, make sure the floor is free from dust and
grease (hoover it if possible) and then apply some neat PVA, just pour it on
and spread it, put the screed on this...I'd leave it for about 4 days to dry
if I were you.