Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Electric to Barn?

"Harry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

How do you run a wire from the house to the barn for electricity?
I want it to go underground. So far the trench had to be dug 18"
deep (that much i know (legal stuff)).
Is there a wire that can be used or do you have to use conduit?

A few years ago I ran 220V power to a garage I built 150 feet from the
house. I used #4 copper stranded wire and ran it through 2 inch pvc, in
which I sealed all joints just as if it were going to carry water.

Another thought: I used the same ditch to run a 3/4 inch pvc for water and
ran a phone cable as well. Phone company gave me the underground wire they
use.

All works fine.

Bob