Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default DIYki 'Category' pages

John Stumbles wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:22:03 +0000, Grunff wrote:

I'm having trouble with categories. I added a [[Category:Plumbing]] tag to
the Plumbing _page_ but when I followed the Category: link at the bottom
of the page I got:

"""""""
Editing Category:Plumbing
From DIYWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

You've followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. To create the
page, start typing in the box below (see the help page for more info). If
you are here by mistake, just click your browser's back button. Preview

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging
back in.
"""""""

If I just 'Save page' with an empty page and again try to follow the
link I get the same error. However if I create a page with some random
text and save that I get correctly directed to the newly created Category
page. I can then edit it and delete the random text, save again and I
still get to the new page (which is what I want). Odd.

[Cc:to Talk:Main Page]

This is new to me too - I'll read some documentation and see what I can
find out.

So what are people's thoughts on a wiki? More people seem in favour of
this than a more controlled CMS (such as WordPress). If we have a
consensus forming, then there is no reason not to adopt this and start
building navigation and content.

Now that I've had a chance, I've created a subdomain for it, so from now
on please access it he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/

I will leave the other subdomain in place for now, but it will get
deleted in a week or so.

--
Grunff