Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Our refuse collection

"dave" wrote in message

I wish I could get our council to pick up our recycled bin. we are
disabled and have to have the paper/glass/tin box collected. no matter how
many times I have rang/emailed we still get missed out. even the
intervention of our local councillors (2) have failed to improve matters.
i would love to recycle but our council is failing us, so all our refuse
goes in one bin. I have even wrote to the council with my concerns and
they cannot be bothered to reply. if this is happening to other disabled
persons then how can councils threaten to prosecute when they can't be
bothered? I spoke to the wagon drivers and they say we are on the
assistance register so they will pick up from our property, this happens
the day I speak to them but the next time (fortnighly) they just drive by
even though our recycled bin can be seen from the front of our property.

dave

Can't you ask a neighbour to do it for you?

Mary