Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
John Beardmore John Beardmore is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message .com,
writes
Andy Hall wrote:

Therein lies the problem. We all pay, yet we are not told what we are
paying for but are simply expected to continue to write ever increasing
cheques (used metaphorically).

Queried in other message.

If a private company operated like this they would lose a lot of
business.

Depends what the activity is.

Of the cost of provision of waste services goes up because of
legislation that applies to a whole sector...

They would be replaced by another business that saw the
opportunity to offer what people voted for.

....It's not as if other businesses would be able to offer a deal that
was much better.

Telling the customer what the purchased service is is an expected basic
thing in capitalism.

Which assumes that capitalism is all there is.

Yes there are some companies that dont, so you can
have that if you wish. But needless to say businesses that tell you
whats being offered hold the great majority of the marketplace in their
area.

Transparency is good, but IME, businesses tell you what they want you to
know and are not good at either financial or environmental detail -
certainly no more transparent than LAs.

This unfortunately is how far LAs are removed from good business
practice.

Which embeds the assumption that they are, or should be businesses.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore