Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Our refuse collection

Terry wrote:
John Laird wrote:

My local refuse operatives have
apparently, over the years, contrived to get householders to do half
their job for them by way of depositing bin liners on the pavement,
and I won't play ball with the lazy sods. (The council's stated
policy is collection from bins easily accessed on premises).

We are told to place refuse/recycling at the property boundary, NOT on
the public footpath.

The council have now pointed out (in their annual bank holiday
collection re-organisation leaflet) that, "as from April 2006 this
Authority has the power to impose a fine of £100 on residents
presenting their refuse on the pavement."

We can get 'fined' £45 for putting rubbish out on the wrong day - even the
night before apparently.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman