Posted to chi.general,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
mm mm is offline

Default Is Chicago water hard or soft?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:55:32 GMT, Randy Day
wrote:

Ajanta wrote:
Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I
went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water
is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks finding out,
go to a pet store and pick up a hardness test kit.
Aquarium owners use them for tropical fish.

Most tropical fish are pretty soft. I can squeeze them between two
fingers, without getting tired.

Or, just ask the person in the fish section of the
pet store. They're usually familiar with the local
water conditions.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)