Posted to alt.home.repair
cas cas is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
If it was parked in my driveway, I'd give it a week, then push it out in the
street. If it wasn't gone in two days, I'd put a lit cigarette in there and
say I had seen homeless people sleeping in it.

The rental next to us had someone move in with 3 junk cars. One day
they up and left and took everything (which consisted of a PS2, a TV
and some clothing) but left the junk cars. The landlord tried to get
someone to tow the cars, no one would (this the great state of nc). I
saw him out there one day so I asked him what was up. He told me that
he couldn't get the cars towed despite the renters breaking their
lease. After a couple of beers (I was trying to bribe him to quit
renting to people who had been evicted from everywhere else) I told him
I was filing a complaint over them since they were an eyesore.

I called it in to the city and they gave him a week to take care of the
issue. He tried to contact the former renters again, no luck. One day 3
tow trucks showed up and hauled them off. The local cop was there to
make sure the renters didn't appear and go nuts.

I had someone leave a dead car in my driveway once while we were on
vacation. I pushed it out into the street (fun when it had 2 flats).
The next day the cops put a ticket and a 7 day "move it or lose it"
sticker. Day 7 came and they towed it away. They knew who owned it
after tracing the VIN, so he ended up getting a bill for it.

Good luck with this, post back your findings!