Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

Nate Nagel wrote:
Beat cop? Beat Cop???

Please, what ees thees "beat cop"? I theenk I read about heem in old
history book???

Something that I've only ever seen in Chicago. Perhaps that's where
"HeyBub" is from?

Nah, I'm in Houston. And used to be a cop. The current politically-correct
term is "neighborhood policing officer."

Thought about buying a house a few years ago. As we were leaving after
looking over the property (and boy did it look good), I stopped a patrol car
driving by, told him what my mission was, and asked whether he had any
advice about the neighborhood.

"I can't advise you on whether to buy this house, but I'm doing what I do
every day. Between calls I reconoiter the parking lot at those apartments
down the block and run license plates on my computer. I find two, three
stolen cars every single day. That apartment house if chock-a-block full of
goblins! Now if you don't mind living within 50 yards of more thieves than
sailed with Blackbeard, you might have found a spot."