Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What cable to use...

In article om, "Clint" wrote:
Hello all....I am getting ready to replace the 60 year old wiring that
goes from my house to my detached garage. I recently had the house
service upgraded from a 60 amp fuse service to a 200 amp circuit panel,
and now want to replace the old wiring going to the garage. The
existing wiring goes through an underground conduit from my cellar to
the garage. I plan on having a compressor and eventually a welder
(automotive stuff...nothing too fancy), and nothing much else out
there. My question is; what guage or type of wire should I run out
there?

No way to know that, without knowing the requirements of your compressor and
welder. How many amps do they require? And at what voltage? (120 or 240)

I am planning on installing all the breaker panel, but not
making the final connections...I'm new at this stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How big is the conduit?

--
Regards,