Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default vibrating water pipe under drywall ceiling

"Joe" writes:

Wow, sounds like I better get that other cutoff valve fixed before the
first one fails. Do you think it would be wise to have them both
replaced since the one that's working looks like it's even older than
the faulty one? Also do I need to contact my local water company about
changing to ball valves instead of gate valves. I read somewhere that
some municipalities do not allow that.

Couldn't hurt. Our municipality didn't need to approve the work, but
always best to hunt out whatever strange local regulartions there
are.

In your situation, you have one that works, I would either try to hunt
down a real plumber who'll do it as a side job so you can save some
money (you have the luxury of being able to do it at your leisure), or
you can also wait to queue up some other items to address to get them
done at once. Your call really. It's best of course to have them
working fully when ya need em.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/