Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote

I think that vacation rentals are probably a good way to go. I would go
along with that, but not month to month or yearly leases on regular
rental property. You just never know what kind of renters you're going
to get.

Cheri

Absolutely. When someone is having a problem getting rid of a car that a
tenant has abandoned, has to jump through hoops, and stands to lose if the
tenant wants to get litigious, it ain't worth it. Particularly if all you
are doing is breaking even and taking on a lot more work and maintenance to
keep it up. Not to mention stress.

Vacation rentals do have their parameters, too. You have to have a nice
house in a nice neighborhood. You have to be in a city that receives a
moderate amount of travel. You have to remodel and furnish. You have to
have cleaning staff and a good maintenance man.

But, when you do the P&L at the end of the year and are still smiling, it's
a good thing.

PLUS, you can trade rentals. We went to Mazatlan this year by trading one
week for one week. We are now considering an offer from Australia. No cash
outlay, no paper trail.

Steve

Steve