Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

Steve B wrote in message ...

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote

And they wonder why rentals are becoming more scarce in some
jurisdictions. Personally, I wouldn't rent to anybody, not for all

the
tea in China.

Cheri

Three years ago come this spring, we went from rental to vacation

rentals.

We were renting to two police officers, and contrary to what one might
think, these were not the greatest tenants.

We spent $27,000 remodeling the house. Now, instead of just breaking

even
on the mortgage payment at the end of the month, we make twice the

monthly
mortgage payment for one week's stay. It is very nice when we have

four
separate weekly rentals in a month. Almost eight months of mortgage
payments.

We have yet (knocking on my wooden head) had any damage or loss, save a
coffee pot going out, a garbage disposal, the normal wear and tear

stuff.

In March, we will start renting our second one.

So, in some cases, rentals can be a good thing.

Go to vrbo.com and see. That's Vacation Rentals By Owner, but

shortened.
Any city you want to go to. The ONLY way to rent.

Steve

I think that vacation rentals are probably a good way to go. I would go
along with that, but not month to month or yearly leases on regular
rental property. You just never know what kind of renters you're going
to get.

Cheri