Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
John Beardmore John Beardmore is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message om,
writes
John Beardmore wrote:
In message .com,
writes
John Beardmore wrote:

Well - he certainly isn't doing what you want, but may well be
doing what he's employed to do.

By whom? Who is paying?

We all pay, but that doesn't mean you proposal would do the job better,
nor necessarily even cheaper.

in a state owned marketplace it doesnt even mean the job needs doing.

Well - I suspect most of us think that it does.

I think you'll find lots of people recognise that state action is at
times doing things that they dont think need doing.

A well known example would be the prosecution of a market trader
selling in pounds and ounces. If that LA were in the free market they'd
be history after that one.

I doubt it. Prosecuting people for using obsolete units is a pretty
small part of an LAs work.

But today's LAs can continue to act like
tinpot dictators without regard for democracy, and at times they do.

Yes - but there are far more serious abuses than waste collection.

Let alone that the people who are paying wish to pay for it.

Well - it's true that most people will avoid tax where they can, but
most people still want their rubbish taken away.

thats not the issue, the issue is over things that the people dont
think need doing.

Then what was your point about "people who are paying wish to pay for
it" ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore