Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

Andy Hall wrote:

Therein lies the problem. We all pay, yet we are not told what we are
paying for but are simply expected to continue to write ever increasing
cheques (used metaphorically).

If a private company operated like this they would lose a lot of
business. They would be replaced by another business that saw the
opportunity to offer what people voted for.

Telling the customer what the purchased service is is an expected basic
thing in capitalism. Yes there are some companies that dont, so you can
have that if you wish. But needless to say businesses that tell you
whats being offered hold the great majority of the marketplace in their
area.

This unfortunately is how far state monopolies such as LAs are removed
from good business practice.

NT