Posted to alt.home.repair
Troy Troy is offline

Default Wood Furnace - Cracked Firebox

You could try hitting up the manufacturer, call 'em and tell 'em "Yeah,
I have one of those Model 19 units with the cracked firebox...".

Well basically I'm trying to find a fix that'll make it safe enough for
the time being until I can find either an affordable replacement unit
or a compatible replacement firebox. I'm looking into the manufacturer
to see if they have anything in my unit but in the meantime I'm going
down to the hardware store and getting a better CO detector like
suggested. For now it unfortunately has to last me. I feel that it
may be ok for the time being as it was ran 3 years now, 2 without the
fix and 1 year with the weld and nothing bad happened....could have
been our dumb luck but I'm not taking anymore chances.

Anyone got a Summeraire brand furnace they're trying to ditch? haha

Troy