Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

wrote in message
news
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 04:26:18 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Around here you
would never get a jury to fault me. The counter suit for landlord
damages, would more than cover any thing they could come up with as
tenant damages. They regularly hold people to the terms of broken
leases, even if the apartment was left in immaculate shape and
immediately rented. The former tenant still pays the penalty (usually
up to a year's rent) after they left ... or at least have a judgement
against them.

You must live in the state of lunacy.

No just a state that understands the obligations that come with
signing a contract and the value of property rights.

Well, the OP lives in a different. A state where tenants can violate the
contract and its obligations, and where said tenants have no value of
other's rights, property or otherwise. I don't believe the contract has a
clause in it where the landlord is obligated to babysit and store the
renter's car for an indefinite period of time for free, and be responsible
for it on top of that.

If it was parked in my driveway, I'd give it a week, then push it out in the
street. If it wasn't gone in two days, I'd put a lit cigarette in there and
say I had seen homeless people sleeping in it.

Welcome to the world, pal. Some of us live with hard realities and hard
(not really) solutions go human pesty problems.

Steve