Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Musing: Art vs Woodturning

"Dan Bollinger" wrote in message
I think I am correct in saying that the premise behind The Wood Turning
Center is that turnings CAN be art sometimes, even without the
post-processing George mentions. http://www.woodturningcenter.org/

Nope, not implied or agreed. People can create or discover. I merely
stated that I haven't the desire or ability to create.

George, I didn't mean you implied it. I meant your statement did. Dan

Well, now you know that what you read and stated is not what I wrote.

As I said, I approach a piece of wood as a piece of wood, with only a
general idea of what may emerge. I turn and discover, without formal plans,
seldom embellish or modify other than shape. I don't have the capability,
and only envy for those who do.

What someone else sees in a piece I turn, or a sentence I write can
obviously be much different.