Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Musing about improving nature's art. An unctuous waste ofband...

Hi Gerald, Thanks for responding. I grew up on the family's piney woods
and turpentine still in N. Fla. Wild fires, Dupont's solvents and St.
Joe's paper mills finally did us in. 'Fat lighterd knots' are one case
where burning is the best use of nature's work. I wonder if anyone
here has finished a turning by dipping it in molten rosin? Remember the
fad a few years ago of cooking potatoes in a bucket of the stuff?

Hi Robert & Tom, Thanks for your thoughtful and provocative responses.
I think your posts are the stuff that helps a ng's unmoderated
narratives, Q's & A's and 'word pictures' continue as a viable forum for
anyone interested in turning wood.

Hi Dan, Thanks for your authoritative counter-response. For me, it's
the old "I don't agree, but I respect your right to disagree" thing.
I'm pleased that my poor musings perplex you enough to post your
corrective dissections. Keep em coming.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter