Old Nick

Default Help Me Pull The Plug

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:29:50 -0500, Gary Coffman
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

hmmmm...good luck!

When I do anything sparky near petrol, I lay wet cloths all over the
place between my work and any petrolly bits at the very least. This is
a bit difficult when actually welding the tank.

Syphon out. Fill with water. Why risk it for a half hour's work?

Yeah, so? He's not going to be welding *inside* the tank
or *through* the tank wall. He said the gas is old, so most
of the lighter volatiles will have already evaporated. The
tank isn't going to get very hot while just welding a nut on
the plug. The arc will be well away from the tank vent.
No more dangerous than any other welding done on a
vehicle with a gas tank.

Gary

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?