Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Our refuse collection

In message , Huge
writes
On 2006-12-15, John Laird wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-12-15 11:13:46 +0000, "John Laird" said:

Lucky you - I've had one collection in 3 months (or they may have
managed it twice, I forget). My local refuse operatives have
apparently, over the years, contrived to get householders to do half
their job for them by way of depositing bin liners on the pavement, and
I won't play ball with the lazy sods. (The council's stated policy is
collection from bins easily accessed on premises).

Deliver to reception of council offices?

They're not in when I'm in, sadly. I can manage, but I shouldn't have
to. The service is paid for, under threat of prosecution, and not
provided.

Increasingly common. I was told yesterday that the police in Northants
will no longer attend alarm activations at domestic premises. I imagine
their council tax has not decreased at all.

They suddenly found 300+ in Ipswich

At lest if you paid the Mafia protection money, they came round
once a week to collect it.

--
geoff