Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default CMS for publishing FAQ articles

Paul Andrews wrote:

As far as I'm concerned uk.d-i-y is perfect as-is.

I think I should clarify a couple of things - a statement like that
makes me think that perhaps some people have misunderstood what we're
discussing.

Like you, I think uk.d-i-y is perfect as it is - as a discussion medium.
It's a great format for having threaded discussions. However, it is an
awful format for publishing permanent articles. I know Google (and Deja
before it) does a great job of archiving the content, but it doesn't
present you with a nice set of easily navigable, searchable articles -
it presents you with lots of threaded discussions.

What we're talking about is setting up an article publishing system that
allows multiple contributers to contribute content. This would not be a
place for diy discussions, it would be a repository of knowledge, with
the content maintained by the authors.

--
Grunff