Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Our refuse collection

On 15 Dec 2006 14:22:56 GMT, Huge wrote:

Increasingly common. I was told yesterday that the police in Northants
will no longer attend alarm activations at domestic premises. I imagine
their council tax has not decreased at all.

I have just received a note from my "friendly local council[1]" that from
July 2001 refuse collection will be made only once per fortnight, one the
alternate weeks the council will only remove "recyclable materials. Where
the definition of "recyclable" is "paper, cardboard, tin cans and PET
bottles." umm that's it. There will also be provision of a "free bag for
the collection of garden waste."

So since I already compost all of the waste from the garden, and I compost
all the waste paper and cardboard or alternatively burn it for fuel in a
multifuel stove, what this "good news" means is that I get colelctions of
refuse halved *and* council tax is to be massively increased with a
revaluation to add to the increase. We don't buy much in cans or in PET, so
my "recyclable materials" bin will mostly be empty.

[1] AKA "That Useless Bunch of Gob****es"