Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Crossover vehicle access

Aidan Karley wrote:
In article , Roger Mills wrote:
the horror stories associated with only one contractor being approved
to do the work the estimate came in at £650 which I didn't think was
*too* bad. Sure it could have been cheaper but from all the stories I
was expecting a lot more.
We shall see though what happens when they actually come to do the
work.

That sounds good to me. ISTR that I paid about £400 for the same thing 25
years ago! At that time, I got several quotes - but the cheapest was a
newly-privatised bit of the local council.

I was recently given an estimate of ~£450 for Aberdeen, but we
decided to worry about it later. Like, if we ever get a car. Damnit, I just
realised we're due to have the pavements re-done anyway - have to see if I
can persuade the foreman to do it anyway in the normal progress of work.

In our road the council offered half price crossovers when they did the
pavements, probably to stop the gangs making a fortune on the side.