Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crossover vehicle access

In article valid,
Aidan Karley lid
wrote:
That sounds good to me. ISTR that I paid about £400 for the same thing
25 years ago! At that time, I got several quotes - but the cheapest
was a newly-privatised bit of the local council.

I was recently given an estimate of ~£450 for Aberdeen,

That'll be to cover the extra cost of granite...

but we decided to worry about it later. Like, if we ever get a car.
Damnit, I just realised we're due to have the pavements re-done anyway -
have to see if I can persuade the foreman to do it anyway in the normal
progress of work.

At one time a pavement crossing upped your rateable value. Dunno if it has
any effect on Council Tax. No relevance to me with my ribbon of front
garden which would barely take a moped.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.