Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default Crossover vehicle access

In article , Roger Mills wrote:
the horror stories associated with only one contractor being approved
to do the work the estimate came in at £650 which I didn't think was
*too* bad. Sure it could have been cheaper but from all the stories I
was expecting a lot more.
We shall see though what happens when they actually come to do the
work.

That sounds good to me. ISTR that I paid about £400 for the same thing 25
years ago! At that time, I got several quotes - but the cheapest was a
newly-privatised bit of the local council.

I was recently given an estimate of ~£450 for Aberdeen, but we
decided to worry about it later. Like, if we ever get a car. Damnit, I just
realised we're due to have the pavements re-done anyway - have to see if I
can persuade the foreman to do it anyway in the normal progress of work.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland