Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Terminating wallpaper edge

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
The masochists who owned this house before me put wallpaper in the bathroom,
including the bathtub walls. There's a very effective fan in the bathroom,
but that doesn't matter. The wallpaper in the tub area still gets wet, and
is a pain to maintain. Just outside the curtain rod, there's a seam in a
perfect spot to terminate the wallpaper and strip inward to remove what's in
the tub area. But, I'm concerned about leaving an exposed edge that close to
the source of moisture. Anyone seen any creative ideas for covering such an
edge?

I have wallpaper up to edge of shower stall opening. When I repapered
that bath, I masked off a line along both edges at entry to shower.
Masked off a line same width as tile grout lines, run fine bead of
white caulk, take off masking tape, smoothe the edge. Doesn't have to
be thick to seal the edge. Also did the same along the other edges and
bottom of wallpaper; have tile "baseboards", so white worked there as
well. O'wise I would use clear along the bottom.

We also put a timer switch on the vent fan so the bathroom gets
decently dry; set for 30 min usually.

Now I have to attack - again - the two rusty nailheads that keep
peeking through the paint of the ceiling of the shower enclosure.
Thought I had them licked a year ago )