Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 03:23:37 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

Yes, generally. But tenants have a lot of very specific rights
and protections in most jurisdictions. Removing a tenant owned
vehicle could be quite tricky.

You must live in the people's republic of california. Most states in
"flyover country" still respect property rights. These scum lost their
tenant rights when they broke the lease and trashed the house. I would
part the car out on Ebay and have the hulk towed. Around here you
would never get a jury to fault me. The counter suit for landlord
damages, would more than cover any thing they could come up with as
tenant damages. They regularly hold people to the terms of broken
leases, even if the apartment was left in immaculate shape and
immediately rented. The former tenant still pays the penalty (usually
up to a year's rent) after they left ... or at least have a judgement
against them.

You must live in the state of lunacy.

There is no answer to this question.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE THE SITUATION TAKES PLACE, BONEHEAD.

Giving legal advice about how this SHOULD to or how that WILL go shows
arrogance and immaturity.

It varies according to where the OP lives. Got it?

Telling someone about what you would do, or how it works where you are, or
how you think it should work isn't worth the paper it's written on. It's
like telling someone who asks about the weather in Maine how the weather is
and is going to be in Arizona.

Get a clue. Buy a vowel.

Steve