Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] woodturningcreature@gmail.com is offline

Default Cole Jaws

fralexis wrote:
I am new to this group and I ask your indlugence. I would not reccomend
using standard jaws in conjunction with the cole jaws. I believe you
would stress the screws, not to mention making it very difficult to
turn much of anything at a speed you need. The cole jaws need to go
slow. The torque is tremendous on them. To add another set of jaws and
a blank, coupled with increrased speed would be beyond any reasonable
safety measure. A better solution, in my opinion, is to purchase a Nova
midi church (uses tommy bars) and dedicate it to the cole jaws. These
chucks are available for around one hundred dollars.

alexis

Not that chuck, that chuck is not recomended for use with the cole jaws.