Excitable Boy

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Glenn Ashmore wrote in message news:5oaVb.39539$u_6.21947@lakeread04...

returning for their two weeks R&R. Without exception their description
of the situation in Iraq was the same four letter word. A couple who
worked with the locals in restoring civil organization voiced the
opinion that getting out without major embarrasment for the US will be
almost impossible.

"No exit strategy." That's one major reason Bush I never did
this, even though at that time the fallout would have been much
less.No one ever claimed the ideologues were heavy on brainpower.

The good part is, if experience is any guide, that after we do
finally turn tail and run from something we *never* should have
started, the US will be a pretty quiet nation internationally
for a decade or so. Maybe longer. The bill this time will be
up in the big numbers.