Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Our refuse collection

On 2006-12-15 11:13:46 +0000, "John Laird" said:

Mary Fisher wrote:
It used to be weekly. Recently it's been fortnightly. The gang said that it
was because the amount of rubbish in the bins had reduced considerably in
recent months and most bins were less than half full.

Lucky you - I've had one collection in 3 months (or they may have
managed it twice, I forget). My local refuse operatives have
apparently, over the years, contrived to get householders to do half
their job for them by way of depositing bin liners on the pavement, and
I won't play ball with the lazy sods. (The council's stated policy is
collection from bins easily accessed on premises).

Deliver to reception of council offices?