Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Crossover vehicle access

adder1969 wrote:

For what it's worth I applied recently for a dropped curb to be
installed at the front of my house in a small cul-de-sac and despite
the horror stories associated with only one contractor being approved
to do the work the estimate came in at £650 which I didn't think was
*too* bad. Sure it could have been cheaper but from all the stories I
was expecting a lot more.
We shall see though what happens when they actually come to do the
work.

That sounds good to me. ISTR that I paid about £400 for the same thing 25
years ago! At that time, I got several quotes - but the cheapest was a
newly-privatised bit of the local council.
--
Cheers,
Roger