Conrad Edwards

Default Car air-conditioning smells

Wanderer wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:56:36 +0100, GB wrote:

My wife bought herself a new car with air conditioning about 6 months ago.
It now has a nasty (sweaty feet) sort of smell when the ventilation is
switched on.

Any obvious cure, apart from taking it back to the dealer? Are we all going
to die from Legionaire's Disease?

Some dealers offer an air-con deodorising package as part of the
service. I think you'll find the pong will disappear as the weather
cools down. I've had two or three motors with air-con, and they all tend
to develop an odd smell in warm weather.

Most likely a build up of bacteria...do a web search on 'car air
conditioning smell' and you'll find lots of companies who can treat it
by killing the bugs...