Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 03:23:37 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

Yes, generally. But tenants have a lot of very specific rights
and protections in most jurisdictions. Removing a tenant owned
vehicle could be quite tricky.

You must live in the people's republic of california.

It gets worse in rent controlled cities like San Francisco where the whole
legal system is so pro tenant. They have unlimited access to free or cheap
legal aid whereas the landlord pays the going rate of a few hundred $ per
hour. Ten years ago my eviction lawyer said it was not uncommon for the
landlords to shell out $60k or more for attorney fees and court costs.
Tenant moving fees may cost the landlord as mush as over $20k assuming you
could get them to move. There are cases where property purchased with the
intend for the owner to live in it but the tenant could not be evicted. With
rent increase limited to something like 1% per year who wants to move? Its a
welfare system paid by the landlords. It would be so lucky if tenant skips
out and left a junker on the driveway.