Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
Have the police tow it as an abandoned car. You know nothing about it.

--
Steve Barker

The cities in my area, no police would tow abandoned cars on private
property. As suggested earlier, the health department could have it towed it
if it presents a health danger. In another city the property owner has to
post a no parking sign in plane view citing codes and contact phone number
and if the car has an expired registration the property owner has to paid
the tow.

I once had a car abandoned in front of the driveway for a week (public
property) and I had to show the police its was an active driveway with a
working garage before they would tow it.