Posted to alt.home.repair
ShutterMan ShutterMan is offline

Default GE Range/Oven Control Replacement ERC3B

Hello,

I ordered an expensive new clock controller (PN# WB27T10174 or ERC3B)
from GE Parts and Service, as a replacement for PN# WB27K5306. Has
anyone replaced this part? The "instructions" that came with it is a
b&w photocopy, and it appears are only partially complete. They
explain how to wire the 5 pin cable, but theres many other connections
it doesn't even begin to mention.

The controller is apparently not a drop in replacement, and so there
are some obvious differences in the connections. Trust me - when I get
done with GE tomorrow, they will know all about how they "assisted"
me...

Anyway, my options now have come down to (in order of cost):

1 - trial and error. A painful choice, and one my fire insurance
probably wont cover.
2 - searching the web, which isn't yielding much
I did find this link, which describes the exact situation I'm in as
well...

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...hp/t-5673.html
3 - ask folks on here
4 - call a repairman (assuming he knows how to do it)
5 - send the part back and buy a new oven

Needless to say, tis isn't the season to have to buy a new oven. Any
help would be appreciated.

This is for a model JSP26BDW3WH oven.