Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Hammer Drill Recommendations Sought

"Pete C." wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

"badgolferman" wrote in message
CWLee, 12/12/2006,6:00:22 PM, wrote:

My adult son, the amateur handyman, told me he
would like a hammer drill for Xmas. I asked him what
brand/size/model/style/color/etc and he said he didn't know
enough to make an intelligent choice. So, I'm asking you
guys to see if there is any consensus on what to get.

All serious comments and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.

HILTI

Hilti rapes you on the bits.

Steve

Not if you're using them for professional use where time and reliability
= money. The only complaint I've ever heard about Hilti is the price.

Pete C.

Not just the price of the drill/rotohammer, but the price of the proprietary
bits, too.

Steve