Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default Cole Jaws

Woodborg wrote:
Thanks guys for all your reply's. I'm just flicking through a magazine
to buy a flexible lamp with a magnetic base for the lathe (xmas present
from in-laws) and just reminded myself the cost of how much a second
chuck would cost.
Imagine saying to SWMBO that i would like a second chuck because it
takes ten minutes to put on the cole jaws and saying "Maybe you could
just not go clothes shopping for a little while, you know i'm worth
it.............."

Mark

I use a ceiling floodlight fixture (so it can be aimed) with a high
intensity spot bulb. It is to the right and behind the lathe, aimed
where I need it and controlled by a switch near the lathe. I also have a
similar setup at the bandsaw, drill press and cut off saw.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Always be sincere; even if you don't